The idea of chatbots is equally intimidating and exciting. Robots warm our hearts, but occasionally they also freak us out. People think robots are here to take over the world, but in reality, they are just here to make our lives easier. Even though chatbots have been around for a few years now, a lot of businesses haven’t been able to successfully adopt the chatbot method and take advantage of its potential.
What are chatbots and how are they useful?
Chatbots are basically programs that have the ability to automatically communicate with a received message. A chatbot can be wired to respond to a text in a specified manner or it can be built to give different responses based on the keywords. Chatbots can be integrated with machine learning in order to fit into a situation. A customer wants a chatbot to be able to perform a few functions, like:
- A quick answer to a question.
- Resolving a complaint or a problem.
- Offering a detailed answer to a query.
- Help find a human customer service agent.
What value do chatbots provide?
- Lead Generation. A chatbot performs the initial interaction with a user and collects all the basic information required. The qualified leads are delivered to the sales team to work on them.
- Guiding Users. Customers are not always sure of what they want or what they are looking for. A chatbot can ask questions in a way that guide the user to the best possible solution and find what they want.
- Saves Time & Money. By automating a process that would otherwise require a team of employees, you can save a lot of time and resources.
- ‘After Hours’ Support. This is probably the most popular use of a chatbot. When the office is closed, there is no one to chat with a user and offer support. This is where a chatbot comes to the rescue as it can converse with the user and guide them to a solution.
Getting Started With a Chatbot
- Creating a goal. Choose a chatbot that aligns with your goals and the major objective of your brand.
- Choice of Platform. Depending on the platform you choose, you will need to wire your chatbot accordingly.
- Strategy. Consult your customer service, sales, and marketing teams to know the kind of conversations that happen with a customer and develop content based on those suggestions.
- Bot Personality. Try to create an image and voice for the bot that goes well with your brand and its values.
- Customer Journey. After the initial questions, map out a customer’s journey.
- Multiple Response. Develop multiple responses to every question. This way you are more likely to satisfy a user’s needs.
- Conversation Tree. Now you must build a conversation tree depending on the answer a user will choose.
- Call-to-action. Call-to-action buttons can lead a user to a particular product.
- Get Feedback. Test all the conversations that take place and derive feedback from it.
- Monitoring. Now it’s time to put your chatbot to use and monitor it for any problems.
A chatbot can be the most valuable tool of conversion for a business. So put efforts into developing the best chatbot and hire a chatbot application development company if required.
Roma Kapadiya SEO Consultant & Blogger at Nimblechapps, one of the leading mobile app development companies in India based out of Ahmedabad. I love to write on new and upcoming technology, startups, programming tools, and business and web design. When I am not writing, I read, so I can write more.You can Hire Web Application Developers from Nimblechapps at affordable rate.